Monday, February 8, 2010

Initial Spark













Taking the Paris Metro daily from the brown line 11 Goncourt stop is how I make my way across Paris.
Until it becomes a bright and sunny spring in Paris (when I will most definitely be riding a bike), I will start there and transfer at the Chatelet stop to get almost anywhere. Everyday at the Chatelet interchange, no matter where I'm really headed, I've been stopping to hear which music is playing in the center of this huge underground train stop. I use an audio recorder like most people use cameras, taking snapshots of the sound of a place. Chatelet is my first exercise in recording the same place daily....there are different musicians here everytime I pass. So, you've been briefed on the project...enjoy the daily links and let me know what you think. Visible Headphones is going to be much larger than this project, but it is here that it begins! Voila!

A bientot!
Gina

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea, Gina. I look forwed to hearing more... Are you also recording an audio "diary," nortpad of sorts, with the clips, the where, when, how you're doing context?
    Have a wonderful time in Paris! Much love, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea!

    Yes, I have been collecting along these lines as well. I will post some of it when I feel it helps to define, instead of confuse :) the project. Today I stopped by Chatelet too late to get any music on tape, but have different clips of my being there. Nice to hear from you!

    xxxxxooooo
    gina

    ReplyDelete